The Watch Tower
The only remaining part of the former town hall from the 14th c. After many renovations and reconstructions, the town hall was eventually taken down in 1834-38. Only the Gothic tower was left untouched, over time becoming one of the most recognizable objects in Harran. Adorned with bas-reliefs of exceptional beauty depicting faces of women – personifications of the city of Harran. It has always served as a bell tower: in older times it warned citizens of approaching enemies, today it rings at every sunrise and sunset.