The building was designed by architect Karan Onder and the construction works were finished in 1834. Originally of the Renaissance style, after the first reconstruction in 1870 the City Hall gained many baroque features. For many years its inner courtyard was used as a service and administration center. In recent years it was modernized twice, first in 1994 and then in 1997. Since November 2006, from the initiative of the president, Harran’s anthem can be heard from the Hall’s clock tower at noon each day. The City Hall is located at the Benedict the Great square and serves as the headquarters of the local government.